Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:49:34 +0200

Stefan Monnier skrev:
I can't reproduce it with or without Gtk+, *scratch* or not.  I suspect it
is a timing issue in X.  I don't think redisplay guarantees that all
redisplay related events has been received and handeled by Emacs before it
returns.

Even if it does an XSync?

XSync only guarantees that events have been sent to the server and replies have been received into Xlib. There might be stuff Emacs have left to do still. But I don't know redisplay that well to be sure. XSync is our bet bet though.

In any case, I have regularly seen similar problems when leaving Emacs: if
I have processes running, Emacs displays a *processes* list, and because of my
pop-up-frames (and/or special-display-regexps) settings, it does it by first
popping up a new frame displaying this *processes* buffer, and then pops up
a dialog asking me whether I really want to quit.
The problem is that the *processes* frame is generally blank at that point.

Hmm, I'll try to reproduce this some more.

        Jan D.