Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:43:53 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Do we have a _single_ developer who still has it on
>
> I do.
>
>> and has observed _benefits_ from its use?
>
> At least I didn't notice any negative impact so far.

The symptom would be CPU load, and sluggish response of Emacs and the
system in general, when one leaves Emacs unattended for longer amounts
of time.

This is particularly noticeable if the noise level of your system
depends on the CPU load (like increased fan usage).

Would you be likely to notice this on your system?