Re: address@hidden: Build failure under Suse 10.0]

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Build failure under Suse 10.0]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:51:33 +0100

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> You have in /usr/local/include/gif_lib.h:
>
> typedef struct {
>     int ByteCount;
>     char *Bytes;
> } ExtensionBlock;
>
> i.e. no Function member.  It may be a stray file from some older
> version. Please make sure it is the correct header file, in your

Indeed, that's the problem. I have searched via locate for gif_lib.h but
it didn't return this file as /usr/local is a remote NFS share which
isn't indexed.

The file /usr/local/include/gif_lib.h is a relict from an ancient libgif
(3.0), /usr/include/gif_lib.h is the correct one so the error is a
problem on my side and the bug can be considered closed.

Perhaps it's possible to enhance the configure test for libgif to check
if the installed libgif fulfills emacs requirements.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough