Re: Port of Emacs client / server programs to Windows NT

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Port of Emacs client / server programs to Windows NT
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:01:48 +0100

On 10/30/06, Neil Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

The patch that Juanma made contains mostly Winsock specific code

I wouldn't say "mostly" because it does, in fact, contain little
additional socket code. Most of it was in place, and apart of the
initialization/finalization of Winsock (which is needed in Windows),
the main change was switching from file functions to send/recv.

breaks the Unix
build because it contains Winsock specific symbols like closesocket
and SOCKET in the main function of emacsclient without any #ifdefs.

You're right, that's an oversight. I cannot test it on non-Windows
systems right now. That's why I'm going to commit the changes so the
problems can be found right now.

--
                   /L/e/k/t/u