Re: Port of Emacs client / server programs to Windows NT

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Port of Emacs client / server programs to Windows NT
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:39:33 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

Juanma, I know very well that you have got the TCP version working now
(since I have tested it), but are not the arguments above compelling?
It looks to me like pipes is better to use on w32. That will avoid the
security problems that could arise with TCP.

Emacs core does not support named pipes, so server.el cannot use them.
So there's no current alternative to TCP for W32.

Would there be any difficulty adding this for w32?

IMO, we should add the tcp support in Emacs 22 (before the next pretest).

For unixes too?