Re: C-g crash redux

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-g crash redux
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:15:19 -0400

    I'm curious to know: if the error is recoverable, why abort?

I am not sure if there is a good reason.
However, the original reason is that it should never get there.
The code produced by the byte compiler should always be such
as to pop the specpdl by the time the end of the function is reached.

So either sit-for has been compiled wrong, or there is a bug at the C level
causing correct byte-code to execute wrong.