Re: gdb with many windows: kill associated buffers doesn't always work

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: gdb with many windows: kill associated buffers doesn't always work
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 07:58:44 +0200

    Nick> They shouldn't have the same effect: killing the GUD buffer should
    Nick> kill the associated buffers, typin quit shouldn't.

Why not, I like this behavior (even when it's not intentionally).
But I don't normally kill my gud buffer, when I start the next debug session,
I have all my previous commands in the history buffer and I can scroll up in
the gdb buffer look at previous results etc.

    Nick> However, I still can't see a problem if quit isn't typed in the GUD
    Nick> buffer.  Can you?

Seems you're right, I have to take this back. I guess I had forgotten
to kill all the associated buffers before I tried it again. Sorry.

    > * progmodes/gud.el (gdb): Only complain about multiple debugging
    > when the gdb process is still running.

    >> This also seems like a good change to me. It was really annoying having
    >> emacs complain about multiple sessions when the first one was already
    >> finished, even though the gud buffer did still exist.

    Nick> As things stand it might be difficult to keep this behaviour.  What do
    Nick> you do with the first buffer once it has already finished?

I hope we can find a way to keep Andreas change.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
typewriters, and Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare. -- Blair Houghton