Re: Reset buttons in Customize (Was: Bug, probably related to Custom The

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize (Was: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:25:06 -0600 (CST)

First you changed the place of the "Erase Customization" button
*without asking for any input*.  Then I explained you why that was a bad
idea and Richard agreed with me.  Then I asked whether there were any
objections to reverting that change.  There were none.  You asked me
to wait until you committed a series of changes.  I waited until you
installed those changes, then I moved the button back to its original
position.

Now you changed the buttons completely around again, again in a way
that makes no sense whatsoever, once more *without asking for any
input*.  You changed the order of the state button, for inexplicable
reasons, putting the least important items on top and the most
important at the bottom (again without asking for input).  Why did you
do this?  The previous order made sense and you replaced it by the
worst order possible.

I do not understand what the new "Show value widget" in the State Menu
is supposed to do.

These changes, especially the ones to the State buttons, make using
Custom more difficult and less convenient.  I believe that it is very
important to revert them.

In the future, could you please ask for input from people who
actually use Custom before making radical changes to it?  Could you
please also refrain from engaging in commit wars?

Sincerely,

Luc.