Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:09:02 +0200

Nick Roberts wrote:

> As Richard has said that Emacs-on-Windows problems shouldn't delay the
> release, Lennart and I have been thinking of adding a file
> (tentatively named admin/FOR-RELEASE.W32) listing things that would be
> nice to have before releasing a binary tarball for Windows.
> > Of course, there's no guarantee any of the listed things would be
> implemented...
> > Any objection/addition/change to name/intent/contents?

In the admin directory, it seems fairly clear that FOR-RELEASE contains tasks
whose completion are currently considered a prerequisite for a release.  Since
this would not be the case for your proposed file, I suggest that it is called
TODO and placed in the nt directory.
We wanted the w32 issues to be visible since we consider them important. I think that knowing the state of Emacs on w32 might be important to everyone interested in making a good release since whatever we think of w32 it is an important platform for many users. Many of those we are trying to reach are using this platform now (by force or will).