Re: Do Re Mi (was: Q on Text Properties popup menu -shouldn'titusethepoi

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Do Re Mi (was: Q on Text Properties popup menu -shouldn'titusethepointerposition, not the cursor position?)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:59:12 -0400

        Also, in some cases it might be
        good to map two dimensions of the color space at a time, not just one.

    It could be done, I suppose. But, unless you would limit that to 45 degree
    diagonals (equal changes in two dimensions), which is not that useful,

I think we are miscommunicating.  I'm thinking that horizontal arrows
could alter one dimension in color space, while vertical arrows
could alter another dimension.

Since it doesn't have to be limited to arrows, another pair of keys
could move in the third dimension of color space.

     To change more than one color component at the same
    time, it's better to have an interface that shows a color space, such as in
    the Word dialog box.

That sounds plausible.  I wonder if that could be programmed in Emacs
Lisp.  Also, some toolkits may have a widget for doing this job,
and maybe Emacs could invoke it somehow.