Re: Q on Text Properties popup menu - shouldn't it use the pointer posit

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Q on Text Properties popup menu - shouldn't it use the pointer position, not the cursor position?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:09:47 -0500 (CDT)

Drew Adams wrote:

   Commands such as `describe-text-properties' should still use the cursor
   position (e.g. for access via M-x), but I think that when such commands are
   accessed from a mouse (popup) menu, the pointer position should be used
   instead.

I did not read far enough when I replied.  The "Describe Properties"
item indeed applies to the character after point, but it is the only
C-mouse-2 item that does.  The pointer position may not be on a
character to begin with.  For instance, it might be on the empty part
of the window past the last character.

Sincerely,

Luc.