Re: File menu changes (suggestions)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: File menu changes (suggestions)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:19:21 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:13:48 -0700
>
>     FYI, "One Window" is what we had before Emacs 21.1.  Like I said: we
>     are regressing.
>
> Not all movement from one version to the next is progress. It happens
> sometimes that previous behavior was better than current behavior. Life is
> like that, sometimes.

With all due respect, I don't know where you get the right to talk
about the 21.1 menu design with such an arrogance.  That design was
based on a lot of research.  Menus of quite a few other GUI programs
were studied, as well as various GUI design guidelines for popular
toolkits.  The initial version based on that research was then
scrutinized in prolonged discussions, and what went into v21.1 was the
best solution we could find to the various issues and problems raised
in those discussions.

By contrast, your suggestions are based on opinions of a single
individual.