Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:08:17 +0100

Juri Linkov wrote:

For me, the filename and line number shows the highlight face on mouse-over in grep buffers, but none of the line responds to mouse-1. The whole line responds to mouse 2. mouse-1-click-follow-links is at its default setting of 450, and I am not aware of any other customizations that affect this. This must be a bug, I think.

I'm aware that currently there are too large areas for mouse-1 clicking
in grep buffers.  This could be fixed after reaching some consensus.
But not responding to mouse-1 is something that I can't reproduce.
Do you have mouse-1 working in other mouse-1 sensitive buffers
like Info?
Yes, mouse-1 follows links in both Gnus and Info. grep and compile do not work. In addition, the highlighting in some lines of the grep output seems to be wrong. It seems that when the line does not have any preceding whitespace, the highlight extends out past the filename and line number, sometimes to the whole line, but I've seen partial lines (perhaps due to some character that is matching the regexp) and I think I've seen lines with no highlighting as well. Running M-x compile with the same grep command does not have this problem.