Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 01:34:12 +1200

Juri Linkov writes:
 > > For me, the filename and line number shows the highlight face on
 > > mouse-over in grep buffers, but none of the line responds to mouse-1.
 > > The whole line responds to mouse 2. mouse-1-click-follow-links is at its
 > > default setting of 450, and I am not aware of any other customizations
 > > that affect this. This must be a bug, I think.
 >
 > I'm aware that currently there are too large areas for mouse-1 clicking
 > in grep buffers.  This could be fixed after reaching some consensus.
 > But not responding to mouse-1 is something that I can't reproduce.
 > Do you have mouse-1 working in other mouse-1 sensitive buffers
 > like Info?

This is my understanding (I don't think what Jason is seeing is a bug).

mouse-1-click-follows-link works where the text has the mouse-face property:

(define-key map [follow-link] 'mouse-face)

In the compilation buffer this is only over the file and number.  In the
grep buffer it extends to the first match (or something like that).  Where
there is no mouse-face property, compile-goto-error works (on mouse-2).

Nick