Re: new *Help* argument highlighting

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: new *Help* argument highlighting
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:08:01 +0000 (UTC)

   This problem with bold faces in a mode line was solved recently
   by using `Buffer-menu-buffer-face' instead of the hard-coded
   `(:weight bold)'.

Thank you!  I tried it again and now it works globally.  According to
my notes, I tried it first on 2004 Apr 14 and again on May 4, but
found that the fix was buffer-local.  I still needed Miles' patch to
get it to work globally.  Now I don't.  I simply put

    (custom-set-faces '(Buffer-menu-buffer-face ((t (:weight normal))))
                      ... )

in my .emacs file.

This is with

    Today's CVS snapshot, Tue, 2004 May 11  21:45 UTC
    GNU Emacs 21.3.50.5 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.2.4)

but using src/fontset.c version 1.82 rather than the new 1.86, since
version 1.86 prevented a bootstrap build.  (My apologies, but I
inadvertently overwrote the *compilation* buffer and cannot remember
the bug.)

    As I slowly update it,                     address@hidden
        I rewrite a "What's New" segment for   http://www.rattlesnake.com