Re: gdbui hang

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdbui hang
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:07:31 +0100

 > Add a kill-buffer-hook in the GUD buffer to kill the process (and the
 > related buffers).  Also add a check at the place where you select a buffer
 > that might be dead and if it's indeed dead clean things up as best you can.

Changing gud-kill-buffer-hook like this seems to work (gud-sentinel cleans
things up):

(defun gud-kill-buffer-hook ()
  (when (eq (current-buffer) gud-comint-buffer)
      (setq gud-minor-mode-type gud-minor-mode)
      (kill-process (get-buffer-process gud-comint-buffer))))

kill-process sends SIGKILL but I don't know why this kills the inferior (child
process of gdb) because SIGKILL doesn't do this if I run gdb from an xterm.

Shall I commit this change?

Nick