Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:28:57 -0400

> Dragging the thumb to the beginning of the buffer does not require
> precision work.  So it would be nice if it wouldn't require precision
> work for dragging to the end of the buffer, either.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but as someone who's
spent a fair amount of time on the Emacs support for Motif and Xaw3d
scrollbars, I think that any dragging behavior that

- doesn't flicker majorly
- can always make (point-max) visible
- doesn't impose an unnatural thumb size and position
  (i.e. unlike the current Motif situation)
- is not much slower than the current code

is already pretty difficult to obtain, so talking about anything finer
than that seems totally pointless.

        Stefan