Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:08:50 -0500 (CDT)

Jan D. wrote:

   Wht do you mean by "the first time"?  If I drag down the thumb to the
   bottom, it is the first time it is there, but I do not see any text,
   it has been overscrolled out of view.

   I do not understand what the desired behaviour is supposed to be,
   versus how it really works with the native scroll bar.

There is some "precision work" required, no doubt about that.  You
have to drag slowly and carefully, you can not just "yank".  Actually,
that is a problem that is very difficult (or impossible) to get
around.  (It is one of the things Owen objected to.)  Dragging with
mouse-2 is not very handy for precision work.  (Actually, it is
completely impossible for large buffers.)

Sincerely,

Luc.