Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:53:53 +0200

If with the native scrollbar, you scroll till the thumb hits the
bottom for the first time, you see the last screenfull of real text.
If you keep scrolling till the thumb has minimal size, then the last
line you can put point on is at the top. If the buffer ends in a
newline, that means that there is no text on the screen.

Wht do you mean by "the first time"?  If I drag down the thumb to the
bottom, it is the first time it is there, but I do not see any text,
it has been overscrolled out of view.

I do not understand what the desired behaviour is supposed to be,
versus how it really works with the native scroll bar.

        Jan D.