Re: info

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: info
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:22:46 -0600 (CST)

Robert Chassell wrote:

   When dir is

     /usr/local/info/dir

   and point is just before the `r' of `format', in the menu line that
   says:

   * Texinfo: (texinfo).                       The GNU documentation format.

   when I press RET (Info-follow-nearest-node), I receive the error message:

       Info-next-preorder: No more nodes

I believe this must be a problem with your Dir file.

I witnessed the behavior I described with exactly the same command
line arguments you gave with CVS bootstrapped at pretty much the same
time you did.  From discussions with Kai and Richard, I get the
impression that the behavior I described is also the behavior they are
witnessing.  In the situation you describe, RETURN carries me to
texinfo, as expected.

Just in case:

[bash2.05b.0 ~ 3 3] makeinfo --version
makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.2

In an unrelated matter:

   /usr/local/bin/emacs -q --no-site-file --eval '(blink-cursor-mode 0)'

I guess you must be susceptible to the "blinking cursor phenomenon"
too.  It is strange how such a tiny blinking black box can have this
dramatic effect on the nervous system of a small minority of people
(it is torture), whereas it apparently leaves the vast majority of
people completely unaffected.

Sincerely,

Luc.