Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:02:12 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> For 21.3, maybe.  But for 21.2, I disagree.  You effectively suggest to
> eliminate bugfix releases, which I think would be wrong: users will have
> no stable versions to rely upon.

I do not suggest to eliminate bugfix releases, but IMVHO it would be
useful for the stable branch not to deviate too much from the
development branch (aka head).  Maybe this can be achieved by making
"smaller" releases, where each new release has fewer new features.
(But I realize that this is difficult for the new unicode branch.)

But then, I'm not an experienced developer for big projects like this.

kai