(no subject)

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:08:04 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> Are there any of the on-going tasks which *must be* completed before
> we release 21.4 ?

(1) I'm working on fixing ps-print and ps-mule so that
non-ASCII characters in a buffer name can also be converted
to correct PostScript code.   I think I can find time to
finish it by the end of this month.

(2) I've just installed an automatic character composition
mechanism in emacs-unicode branch.  It works like font-lock.
I think it is worth back-porting to HEAD because it is very
convenient for such scripts that require complicated
displaying (thai, lao, devanagari, tibetan).  But, It seems
that I don't have enough time to do that.  Aren't there any
volunteer?

(3) Currently, one person is working on Malayalam support in
emacs-unicode.  It is also worth back-poring to HEAD.  But,
as it is just adding a new language support, it may be
possible to add it even after feature freeze.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden