Re: [patch] XPM in gamegrid.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [patch] XPM in gamegrid.el
Date: 06 Jul 2002 08:30:16 +0900

> Miles wrote:
>
>     It's quite handy for `special' frames, e.g., I sometimes use a `Calc'
>     frame which is very small but with a huge default face, and only keep a
>     Calc buffer in it (similarly for tooltip frames, etc).
>
> Miles, would a buffer-local face definition work just as well for this
> job?

I think _mostly_ -- but:

  1) Sometimes (such as in my Calc example) you want the minibuffer to
     use the same modified default face as the buffer, but only in that
     frame.

  2) The current display code calculates window sizes (and the tool-bar
     size) in integral multiples of the frame's default font, so there
     might be unpleasant artifacts from having that be different from
     the displayed buffer's default font (e.g., fractional lines
     displayed, minibuffer size jumpiness).

     Of course ideally this limitation on window sizes will just be
     removed.

-miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.