Re: No doc strings from DOC

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: No doc strings from DOC
Date: 04 Apr 2002 19:09:11 +0100

> On Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:27:08 +0200, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Any more hints on how to debug this?
>
> Hmmmm...
>
> After:
>
> nmake realclean
> nmake bootstrap
> nmake install
>
> some functions from preloaded files do not have docstrings (their
> bytecode function object has 0 on the DOCSTRING element).

I remember a few weeks ago we reverted a change to build the DOC
file from the .el files on Windows, since building with the .el files
does not work.  I think there may have been another part of that
change that we forgot to revert, ie regenerating the DOC file after
the .elc files have been compiled (perhaps in a different makefile
than the other change).

--
Jason Rumney