Re: lost argument and doc string

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lost argument and doc string
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:08:26 +0200

> From: Tak Ota <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 22:59:05 -0800 (PST)
>
> In 21.2.50 some functions in simple.el have lost their arguments.
>
> For example, C-h f line-number-mode shows
>
>     line-number-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple'.
>     It is bound to <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <line-number-mode>.
>     (line-number-mode)
>
>     Toggle whether to show the current line number in the mode-line.
>
> where ARG and the doc string are gone.

I cannot reproduce this.  Are you sure your etc/DOC file is up to
date withe the rest of Emacs?

> The functions missing the argument is really compiled that way.  For
> example, evaluating (line-number-mode 1) causes an error

Can't reproduce this, either.  It works for me as good as ever.

If you can't solve this by rebuilding Emacs from scratch (i.e., delete
all the object files and then rebuild), I'd say this is Windows-specific.