Re: Another update of GNU TLS bindings

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Another update of GNU TLS bindings
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 09:38:38 -0500

> * GC fixes as suggested.  However, Lisp_Process in process.h still
>   contain #ifdef's (and thus cause a binary API incompatibility)
>   because the type of the newly added variables is not known unless
>   TLS is enabled.  Is this OK?  I'm not sure how this could be solved.

You could give a default bogus definition for those types like

#ifndef HAVE_GNUTLS
  typedef void *GNUTLS_STATE;
  typedef void *GNUTLS_X509PKI_CLIENT_CREDENTIALS;
  typedef void *GNUTLS_ANON_CLIENT_CREDENTIALS;
  typedef void *GNUTLS_SRP_CLIENT_CREDENTIALS;
#endif

That will also allow you to always init those fields to NULL without
having to check HAVE_GNUTLS.

        Stefan