Re: Another update of GNU TLS bindings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Another update of GNU TLS bindings
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:16:37 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> > Also, the INSTALL file should probably tell where can one find GNU
> > TLS, if it isn't already installed.
>
> This was part of the patch I sent, I think.

You are right, I missed it; sorry.

> > > +(defconst gnutls-e-interrupted -52)
> > > +(defconst gnutls-e-again -28)
> >
> > Are these constants system-independent?
>
> I'm not sure.  I'll try to understand the GNU TLS code.  If these were
> defined in C, this wouldn't be a problem (there are C #define's in
> gnutls.h), so maybe I should move them to C.

The reason I asked is that the names are similar to C constants EINTR and
EAGAIN.  These are defined to system-dependent constant values which are
put into the global variable `errno' whenever the respective problems
happen.  If these are indeed errno values, they shouldn't be in Lisp,
because the underlying C library can change the values (though most
libraries don't).