Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Problem burning to LG DVDRAM GSA-4167B -- ProD

From: Svante Signell
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Problem burning to LG DVDRAM GSA-4167B -- ProDVD only does DVD-R
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:55:49 +0100

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 22:30 +1030, John wrote:
> So I would say, to anyone:
>
> 1) get an LG drive
> 2) if u wanna use +R media, use growisofs,
>
> cdrecord-prodvd is ok for -R, but forget doing +R with it.
> It CAN be done, probably, like Bryan says using some -R emulation
> mode of the drive, but the results are completely unreliable, even
> with GOOD verbatim media.
>
> growisofs, LG, and +R -- for those who want to know the bare minimum
> required to burn DVDs hassle-free - that should do it. Or, for windows
> users... just get LG drive and u cant go wrong as long as u get good +R
> media.
Any comments on NEC DVD_RW ND-4551A? Is it a DVD-RW or DVD+RW firmware
drive. Which media is it best in writing? I recently replaced my broken
MSI DR8-A2 with this one. According to the specifications it should be
able to handle, DVD+-R, DVD+-R DL, DVD+-RW and DVD-RAM and even
LabelFlash in the future.