Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Problem writing DVD-R (but only under Linux)

From: Neil Bird
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Problem writing DVD-R (but only under Linux)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:37:44 +0100

Around about 25/06/2004 14:27, Robert M. Stockmann typed ...
in the mean-time one can try to burn DVD-R(W)'s using OSS DVD extentions
to cdrtools :
http://freshmeat.net/projects/ossdvd/

  Woah, it was only a question - didn't mean to start a flame war :-\

Back on track: I'll give the above a try, but in the meantime I found I already had growisofs so I gave it a bash (with the test ISO I'd tried before from xcdroast) and it worked straight up, no errors <chuffed>.

Doesn't explain why cdrecord-prodvd/dvdrecord give those errors; I'll try ossdvd and see which way that goes.

Slight side note, then: if I have growisofs working fine, can I plug this into xcdroast in lieu of cdrecord[.prodvd] in any fashion? I believe k3b understands growisofs but I've not had much luck with that so far (I'll give it another try, though - it at least seems to run on my box now - its config. always used to crash out before).

Also, does growisofs 'work' with buffer underrun protection? This new drive is the first one I've had with that, so I know very little about it (so that may have been a very stupid question :-D )

--
address@hidden ~]# rm -f .signature
address@hidden ~]# ls -l .signature