Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError

From: Vera Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 13:38:58 +0100

Hey ede,
hey Kenneth,

thanks alot for the explanations and the hints!

Summing up:
There are different technical ways to bring files to a "cloud storage" (I should know ;-) ) and these ways may have different determining factors (theoretically obvious, too). Easiest way to find out if my upload will work with another backup technique I should try out other upload backends instead of webdav. Proposal: testing with rclone (duplicity has an rclone backend) or/and with lftp. Both programs can be tested independently and can be used with duplicity if they work. Besides: Testing larger files make sense to get to know the limit at Hidrive.

Correct?

So I will start testing - maybe it will take some days

Vera