Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 10:46:54 -0600

Hi,

Just to interject, duplicity has an "rclone" backend You may want to try that out.

...Thanks,
...Ken

On Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 10:25 AM Vera Schmidt via Duplicity-talk <duplicity-talk@nongnu.org> wrote:
Hey ede,

>> I managed to create the testfiles with dd. Uploading them to HiDrive
>> with the Strato frontend works without problems.
>
> hmm, then maybe raise the size until it doesn't anymore. pretty sure
> there is a limit.
I will try - but I do have some comprehensive questions:

The largest file duplicity-full-signatures.20230101T155114Z.sigtar.gpg
made by the backup on the usb drive has 520,2 MB.

Stupid question 1: My upload test of a test file with 1.5 GB with the
Strato frontend was positive - why a 520 MB file should have problems?

Stupid question 2: Why more tests with larger test files to find out the
maximum size make sense when the file to be uploaded is alot smaller
than the maximum size?

Possible answers:
The maximum size of an uploaded file is higher by uploading with the
Strato frontend than by uploading via webdav.
The size of a sigtar-file is larger when the backup is done via webdav
in comparison with a backup done on an usb drive.

> my bad. i meant https://rclone.org/ :) try that.. ede

I will ;-)

Regards
Vera