Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 14:08:05 +0100

hey Vera,

On 01.01.2023 19:33, Vera Schmidt via Duplicity-talk wrote:
Hey ede,

now I made a full backup of the Dokumente folder to an usb drive. The file
duplicity-full-signatures.20230101T144119Z.sigtar.gpg has 275,9 MB, the backup
has 607 volumes each with 50 MB size.

Additionally I backuped the Downloads folder to the same usb drive. The
corresponding duplicity-full-signatures.20230101T155114Z.sigtar.gpg has 520,2
MB, the backup has 1437 volumes.
Both backups are successfully verified.

that's good. i suggest you do so from time to time with your remote backups as well. personally my backups always run a verify after, as my backup sets are pretty small.
The last backup of Downloads to my webdav backuped 1356 volumes without sigtar
file and without manifest file - the backup was obviously not complete.
It seems as if I should split the backups of Dokumente folder and Downloads
folder when backing up to the webdav.....

better find out what the actual file size limit is you can upload on Strato
HiDrive. this sounds like it might be well below 2GB, the value i found when
searching quickly. maybe create some test files with dd (e.g. 500MB, 1GB, 1.5GB
...) and try uploading them with e.g. rcopy or some other webdav backend?

joyous new year everyone.. sunny regards ede