[Duplicity-talk] how to use verify command?

From: Raphael Bauduin
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] how to use verify command?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 13:46:06 +0100

Hi,

I'm testing the 'duplicity verify' command, and get confusing results...

I'm running the command on a server which is not the server from which the data is backed-up. I'm doing:

duplicity verify file://backups/duplicity /etc/hostname

The hostname is different, so I would expect to get an error, but exit status is 0 and output is:

Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Last full backup date: Thu Mar 16 14:55:54 2017