Re: [Duplicity-talk] scheme not supported in url: dpbx

From: Daniel Lo Nigro
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] scheme not supported in url: dpbx
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 14:19:00 -0700

It doesn't work when installed from a tarball either. After running with "--verbosity 9", I noticed this error:
Import of duplicity.backends.dpbxbackend Failed: cannot import name Dropbox

Running "pip install dropbox" showed that the Dropbox Python package was already installed:
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): dropbox in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): urllib3 in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from dropbox)

However, I only had version 2.0.0 installed, and it looks like Duplicity requires a newer version now. I ran "pip install dropbox --upgrade" which upgraded it from 2.0.0 to 6.7.0, and now it's working.

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 5:33 AM, edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04.09.2016 05:14, Daniel Lo Nigro via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> I use Duplicity with Backupninja to perform backups of my server into Dropbox. The backups have started failing with this error:
>
>     Warning: Duplicity cleanup failed.
>     Warning: Duplicity remove-older-than failed.
>     Error: UnsupportedBackendScheme: scheme not supported in url: dpbx:///server2
>     Fatal: Duplicity failed.
>

> I guess it broke at some point when Duplicity was updated. How do I get this working again? I'm on Duplicity 0.7.07.1

reinstall duplicity cleanly from whatever your distro's repository?

alternatively uninstall your distro's duplicity and setup the latest greatest from tarball.
  https://code.launchpad.net/duplicity/0.7-series/0.7.10/+download/duplicity-0.7.10.tar.gz
mini howto (under TIPS)
  http://duply.net/wiki/index.php/Duply-documentation

..ede/duply.net