Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity + Amazon Glacier, 2015 edition

From: Mikko Ohtamaa
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity + Amazon Glacier, 2015 edition
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 10:56:15 +1300

Hi Will,

What I do is backup to s3 and I have rules in place (on s3)
to automatically move backups to Glacier.  The delay is chosen such
that the only thing that gets archived are the periodic full backups,
not the intervening incremetals.

Cool. Any pointers where to start looking for how to craft these rules? Any generic tutorial is sufficient?

Cheers,
Mikko

On 2/12/2015 2:44 PM, Mikko Ohtamaa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking to try out Duplicity + Glacier combo. Mr. Internet found
> me various tutorials dating back several years. Apparently a lot of
> patching has happened on Duplicity since then.
>
> What is the current approach to get Duplicity backups flowing into
> Glacier (cheapish) storage?
>
> Does old backup purge work in the similar manner it works for other
> backends?
>
> --
> Mikko Ohtamaa
> http://opensourcehacker.com