Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity (GPG) fails in crontab only

From: Will McCown
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity (GPG) fails in crontab only
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 14:42:01 -0700

On 5/6/2014 12:58 PM, Grant wrote:

> Should I be able to test that with 'env -i bash -norc'?  I've added
> all of the variables I get from env when the command works to the 'env
> -i bash -norc' environment but the command still doesn't work.
> Running 'env' in the 'env -i bash -norc' environment doesn't list the
> added variables but echo does return their values.

In the bash shell you need to use

  export NAME=value

for the values to get added to the environment.  Simply typing

  NAME=value

in bash creates shell variables not environment variables.
But that is the syntax of the line you will want to add to crontab.

And yes I know it is confusing having similar syntax do
different things depending one where you are.

--
Will McCown, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
address@hidden