Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity (GPG) fails in crontab only

From: Will McCown
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity (GPG) fails in crontab only
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 09:20:22 -0700

Typically things fail in cron due to the relatively sterile
environment that cron jobs inherit, although this failure
sounds like gpg is unable to find the key rings.  Are
the key files in ~root/.gnupg/?

My idiom for testing cron script manually is to become
root (or whatever other user the cron job is to run as)
with su.  then "env -i bash -norc".