Re: [Duplicity-talk] Seeding a remote backup

From: T.J. Crowder
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Seeding a remote backup
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:42:14 +0100

On 13 June 2012 18:23, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 13.06.2012 19:03, T.J. Crowder wrote:be aware that duplicity works perfectly for smaller backup sizes, but was never developed to backup terrabytes, so you might stumble along the way.
also. it is suggested to do fulls regularly because a bitflip/error in one volume essentially makes the backup chain defective from that point in time on.

Thanks, good to know. I seem to remember that issue with volumes could be mitigated by segmenting (partitioning) my backups, something like that...

Since doing the full is a very expensive operation for me (literally), it sounds like maybe I should look at going another way...although what way that is, I'm not sure.

-- T.J.