Re: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir is growing in size, how can I reduce

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir is growing in size, how can I reduce it?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 13:14:49 +0100

On 10.12.2011 12:29, Chris Poole wrote:
I can't really use a new location because I have scripts to restore from these
>  backups, having multiple would be a nightmare to work out actually where my
>  backups are.
I don't understand what you mean. Multiple cache directories? You could just
change the cache directory to point to a local, secondary drive, if you have one
with sufficient space.

this was what i suggested for a workaround. if he can't find a bigger tmp space
and because the archive dir is needed he might split the backend into several
folders by timeframe so the metadata held in each is smaller than in all of
them together.

but you are right, finding more tmp space or attaching it should be way more
easier.

ede/duply.net