[Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir is growing in size, how can I reduce it?

From: Alex Cartwright
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir is growing in size, how can I reduce it?
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 15:24:12 +0000

Hello,

I backup quite a lot of directories to AS3 all with separate duplicity
commands running as root, and the --archive-dir
(/root/.cache/duplicity) is constantly growing in size with every
backup. This directory grows by about 300MB every month (which is when
I do a full backup instead of incremental).

My problem is that come next month, I'm not going to have room for
duplicity to do its backup because of this and I need to reduce it as
soon as possible. The man page states that I shouldn't remove it, but
is there something I can do with "cleanup" maybe?

Regards