Re: [Duplicity-talk] Manifest stores SHA1 hash of files, checked before

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Manifest stores SHA1 hash of files, checked before restore?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:03:26 -0500

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:50 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14.07.2011 14:44, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>> eventually. i just had a look at the corresponding code
>> duplicity-bin::get_passphrase. with the latest duplicity you should
>> be asked two times ("Input/Retype") for each key
>> (Signing/Encryption). Isn't that so? You could post an obfuscated
>> output log of a run with '-v9' to show what happens.
>

> Verifying the password is not absolutely necessary, but saves some
> time if the user inputs the wrong password.

why don't we simply show the password and circumvent the need for verification?

also we should have a check if gpg receiver[0] == sign_key[0], so the pass is not asked two times for the same key on simple one key only setups.

Showing the password is a security risk, but maybe we could put in an option.

Checking for the same keys would be a good enhancement.

...Ken