[Duplicity-talk] ioerror 13 permission denied on file locked : terminate

From: Bonvicini, Alessandro
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] ioerror 13 permission denied on file locked : terminate
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:31:38 +0200

Hi all, thank you everyone for your valuable work on duplicity , but

duplicity fails on files locked by other application.

This is the  v9 trace

………..

Connecting with backend: SSHBackend

Archive dir: None

Found 0 backup chains without signatures.

No backup chains with active signatures found

No orphaned or incomplete backup sets found.

Last full backup date: none

No signatures found, switching to full backup.

Using temporary directory /tmp/duplicity-PDV4Mi-tempdir

Registering (mktemp) temporary file /tmp/duplicity-PDV4Mi-tempdir/mktemp-KfVZnO-

1

AsyncScheduler: instantiating at concurrency 0

Registering (mktemp) temporary file /tmp/duplicity-PDV4Mi-tempdir/mktemp-f3o973-

2

Selecting /cygdrive/d/gest/SAMW/PDOXUSRS.NET

Comparing () and None

Getting delta of (() /cygdrive/d/gest/SAMW/PDOXUSRS.NET reg) and None

Generating delta - new file: .

Removing still remembered temporary file /tmp/duplicity-PDV4Mi-tempdir/mktemp-Kf

VZnO-1

Removing still remembered temporary file /tmp/duplicity-PDV4Mi-tempdir/mktemp-f3

o973-2

Cleanup of temporary directory /tmp/duplicity-PDV4Mi-tempdir failed - this is pr

obably a bug.

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 743, in <module>

    with_tempdir(main)

  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 736, in with_tempdir

    fn()

  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 716, in main

    full_backup(col_stats)

  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 289, in full_backup

    bytes_written = write_multivol("full", tarblock_iter, globals.backend)

  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 177, in write_multivol

    at_end = gpg.GzipWriteFile(tarblock_iter, tdp.name, globals.volsize)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/gpg.py", line 310, in GzipWri

teFile

    new_block = block_iter.next(bytes_to_go)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py", line 466, in nex

    result = self.process(self.input_iter.next(), size)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py", line 572, in pro

cess

    data, last_block = self.get_data_block(fp, size - 512)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py", line 597, in get

_data_block

    buf = fp.read(read_size)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py", line 391, in rea

    buf = self.infile.read(length)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py", line 362, in rea

    buf = self.infile.read(length)

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

I found that the problem is the PDOXUSRS.NET ,cause if I try a little python script

like this:

infile = open("/cygdrive/d/gest/SAMW/PDOXUSRS.NET","rb")

while infile:

      line = infile.readline()

it fails with the same error.

So seems to me that duplicity cannot deal correctly with locked file on windows.

I ask if there is a possibility to workaround this behavior that prevent me from use duplicity on my archive, I need this workaround

Urgently cause duplicity is the only valuable software that makes direct diff archive.

If can help, I tried some weeks a go rdiff-backup and it doesnt terminate on locked file but raise an exception and skip the file.

I dont know python prog but perhaps someone can get suggestions from rdiff-backup sources

Thank  a lot in advance

Alex