Re: [Duplicity-talk] Quick Question: full and remove-older-than

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Quick Question: full and remove-older-than
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:06:51 +0000

I'm not sure if this is more stable now so this may no longer be the case.
Does anyone have any advice on this?

I don't think that Duplicity itself has ever been unstable in this respect. The problem is that random data corruption could occur during file transfer. This could be caused by anything - aliens with a random bit twiddle device:)

The longer the incremental chain, the more likely it is that some random corruption will happen. It's also a pain if the file you want to restore is near the end of a very long chain of incrementals.

Ian.