Re: [Duplicity-talk] Quick Question: full and remove-older-than

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Quick Question: full and remove-older-than
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:19:00 -0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I don't know if my way is correct, but so far it works for me ;-) I do a
"remove-all-but-n-full 1
--force" when doing a full backup each Sunday morning. That seems to work for
me as I don't need
historical backups so a weekly full backup is enough for me to restore my data
should I need to.

I don't know if its the case still, but it used to be suggested not to let the
time between a full
backup and the next full backup to be too long as the incremental chain may
break. This is why I
always leave 1 full backup in place just incase ;-)

I'm not sure if this is more stable now so this may no longer be the case.
Does anyone have any advice on this?

Rich.