Re: [Duplicity-talk] Log patch

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Log patch
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:00:25 -0500

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:
\>> I chose this route over the dbus route since it seemed to be the least
>> invasive and least controversial.  The jury is still out on dbus and I
>> don't want to revive that issue at the moment.  I hope this is what you
>> need for your project.

Yeah, this is fine.  I'm happy with any old thing.  DBus was just my
go-to fix.  I've already committed code to deja-dup that uses the
error reporting.  Thanks!

> Whoops, I should have tested before shoving this to CVS.  log.py does
> not work under Python 2.3 or 2.4 and we have a fair number of folks on
> RHEL 4 that use duplicity under Python 2.3.
>
> I think we should try to make it backwards compatible if at all
> possible.  Do you have access to Python 2.3 or 2.4 for testing?  If not,
> we would need to make it a NOOP for Python versions less than 2.5.

Oy, I tried to be compatible (according to docs).  I even went through
some hoops to not use 2.5 features.  But I didn't actually test
against 2.3.  I'll get 2.3 and try to fix.

-mt