Re: [Duplicity-talk] Log patch

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Log patch
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:27:46 -0600

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> Michael Terry wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Oh my goodness, I thought I had.  I'll resend when I get home tonight.
>> Tada!
>
> I've checked in and run the initial tests on this patch.  So far, I've
> had to add log.setup() calls to testing/config.py and rdiffdir, but it
> appears to be working.  All my changes have been checked in as well and
> the unit tests all seem to be running as they should, although none of
> them, except the one you wrote, actually use the log options.
>
> I submitted your patch via the patch queue for tracking.  You should
> upload any additional patches there rather than through the mail list.
>
> I chose this route over the dbus route since it seemed to be the least
> invasive and least controversial.  The jury is still out on dbus and I
> don't want to revive that issue at the moment.  I hope this is what you
> need for your project.

Whoops, I should have tested before shoving this to CVS.  log.py does
not work under Python 2.3 or 2.4 and we have a fair number of folks on
RHEL 4 that use duplicity under Python 2.3.

I think we should try to make it backwards compatible if at all
possible.  Do you have access to Python 2.3 or 2.4 for testing?  If not,
we would need to make it a NOOP for Python versions less than 2.5.

...Ken