Re: [Duplicity-talk] Log patch

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Log patch
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:53:07 +0100

Hey Michael,

fast shot ;) ..
Here's a second shot at adding machine-readable output to duplicity.
This version depends on nothing more than the logging module in
Python.  No glib or dbus.

very good

It adds two new arguments (--log-fd and --log-file).  It writes to the
fd or file well-formed 'stanzas' as normal duplicity messages are
output.

[SNIP]

Like the first patch, I also made some additional small changes -- I
made the return value for --help be 0, and I added some message id
numbers: ERROR 2 is command line syntax error, 3 is source mismatch.
WARNING 2 -> 6 are certain 'unmatched files were found' warnings.

Eh?

I'd like to check your changes as soon as possible, unfortunately this weeks already packed with work and fortunately I am off for holidays from 17.-26.11. I am not sure that I'll find the time to evaluate your work on this weekend :'( . Probably somebody else, especially Ken could, as maintainer with authority, have a look at these. After the holidays I happily offer myself as tester for that matter.

Thanks for the commitment .. ede