[Duplicity-talk] How it works document

From: Richard L. Houston
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] How it works document
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:50:30 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hi all,

I am pitching implementing Duplicity for client backup and I got "the"
question. "can you give us a detailed explanation on how Duplicity works." I
explained it as best I could but I think I had some holes. The client is not a
technical group but they like detail.

I was wondering if there was a some what detailed explanation of how Duplicity
works? I looked at the script but I an not a programmer in any respect so I got
lost pretty quick. The big question that came out of the above was: if a
previous backup is found how does it know what file have changed.

Sorry for asking for this info, I know you would all rather be doing something
else but any help/explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Rich

Best regards,
-Richard Houston