Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity - What's Next?

From: Till Maas
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity - What's Next?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:34:10 +0100

On Mi Oktober 3 2007, Kenneth Loafman wrote:

> 6) New file format.  I'm thinking that this needs to be addressed if
> we're going to play in the major leagues.  Having to decompress/decrypt
> several megs/gigs to get to a small critical file to restore is not a
> good thing.  It's secure, but at a high price.  There are some other
> projects out there with better formats.  What we need is one already
> vetted by heavy use, so any suggestions will be considered.

Here is another format suggestion:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/afio/

I do not really know how good it is for duplicity. It compresses every file
for its own and stores the results in one file. Afaik it is possible to
specify which filter program one wants to use, so e.g. gpg would be possible.

Regards,
Till