Re: [Duplicity-talk] [patch] massive performance fix for large volume si

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] [patch] massive performance fix for large volume sizes
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:13:46 +0200

> Once I have done some backup/restore cycles with comparison with large
> files I'll report back.

I have now done two backups with volume size 5 and volume size 256, of
a real-life test case (my home directory) containing a mix of small
files, medium sizes files (larger than 64kb but smaller than 256 mb)
and larger files (larger than 5 MB).

The restored versions of these directories generate no unexpected
differences according to "rsync -avn". I have also done an md5sum test
on one file smaller than 64kb and one file larger than 64kb.

My original performance comparison should not be affected, as I
believe none of the files used in that test were larger than 64kbit.

Also, to be clear to non-programmers, the use of my original patch
resulted in truncated files in the backed up volume. If you used that
original patch and need assistence in cleaning up my mess, let me
know.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'